- To: Johannes Rohr <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: x-window-system
- From: "M. Gerards" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:41:46 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> > > But it is still lacking stability. I have experienced several freezes
> > > of the console server. (I could still telnet to my box.) Another
> > > annoyance is that, once you have run 'console -d vga -d pc_kbd -d
> > > generic_speaker /dev/vcs', you cannot exit console without
> > > rebooting. Just killing the program freezes the screen.
> > Interesting. I wonder if it has to do with that dlclose problem. Could you
> > please test my patch to fix this? I hope this will fix the bug.
> What patch? What exactly does it fix?
Ahh, sorry, the discussion was on bug-hurd.
The patch fixes a problem I had with shutting down the console when
starting the console-client from within GDB. Perhaps the problem is not
only triggered from within GDB.
> > Please report the other bugs, I'll have a look at them.
> > ps. Do you have the same problem when not using the generic_speaker?
> > My speaker is broken and because of that I don't use that driver. It
> > is also possible that is the cause of the instability.
> Well, I'll try that. I don't need that beep-beep anyway.