Re: Micro$oft to licence UNIX from SCO

On 20-May-03 06:23:56 Ashish Gokhale <ag2001_email@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>Hi All,
>There is a recent news that Microsoft is trying to
>licence Unix technology from SCO.

>http://news.com.com/2100-1016-1007528.html?part=dtx&tag=ntop

>In flow of current discussion regarding TCPA/palladium
>and open source in genral, how much impact does this
>will have on GNU/Linux GNU/HURD community ?

>- Ashish

see OSI Position Paper on the SCO-vs.-IBM

http://www.opensource.org/sco-vs-ibm.html

there have been a number of articles biased this way of that....
Eric Raymond I understand is being brought in on IBMs side as a
consultant regarding the history of Unix, Linux, etc..

Questions regarding the Linux kernel.... This is the Hurd, there are none.