Re: K3 Install killed my machine

Hi,

My GNU box was running (mostly) without problems for a long time. I had
uptimes around 10 weeks, and only rebooted it before heavy work. An hour
ago I did an apt-get update/upgrade, and after that the machine got slow
as He.., and panics if I try to - for instance - apt-get.

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 12:35, M. Gerards wrote:
> >    The panic I was getting was:
> >    panic: zalloc: zone zalloc.8192 exhausted
> >
> > Yup, sounds like you have to little RAM/swap.  Add some more and see
> > if that fixes it.
>
> No, he has enough RAM IIRC. I think the problem is some program (or part of
> GNUMach, is that possible?) is allocating too much memory. I get zallocs when
> allocating gigabytes of mem. accidently ;)

My box has enough RAM. The zone in which the exhaustion occurs seems to
be random. I've had some zalloc.<integer> and ipc.

Morten

--
Morten Poulsen <morten-hurd@afdelingp.dk>