RE: K3 Install killed my machine

OK, I re-installed K3 and am getting the same results.  I forgot to mention
earlier that yes I do have a 256Mb Swap partition and it is enabled.

I am not getting any errors, no errors in any of the logs.  Dumped klog to a
file and no real errors in it other then normal things it can't detect
because I don't have the hardware.

If I do an apt-get update, I get either:

E: Method http (or ftp) has terminated unexpectedly
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object (repeated about 25 times)

or I get

panic: zalloc: zone zalloc.8192 exhausted and the machine reboots.

cvs - returns prompt with no output
ftp - segfaults
ping - returns prompt with no output

I have googled around and found nothing.  Anyone have any ideas or at least
a good place to start troubleshooting?

Thanks!!

Barry deFreese
Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell