Re: How to debug translators?

   Yes, thanks a lot! I'll try that as soon as I manage to build hurd
   with debugging symbols.

You might want to take a look at something [1] Neal wrote to manualy
bootstrap an translator which is a bit easier than attaching gdb to a
process, IMHO.  But its far more fun! :)

   Wouldn't it be nice, if Debian had a "hurd-dbg" package with
   non-stripped binaries, just as there are "-dbg" packages for many
   libraries?

Good idea! Would you like to do that?  You might want to include the
libraries in that package too.

[1]  ftp://ftp.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/papers/hurd-misc/manual-bootstrap.txt