Re: Native compiler

   When I try to make oskit, I get an error that gcc doesn't exist,
   though apt-cache shows gcc-3.2 installed and OK.

Are you sure that it is OK? That is, can you compile say hello world
and it works?

   I try to apt-get install build-essentials as you say and I get a
   broken packeges error on g++ and gcc.  I did just notice that the
   only apt source I have is ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main.  Do
   I need to add the alpha.gnu.org source?

Yes.