Re: Cross installation package

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 12:07:12PM -0800, Grant Bowman wrote:
> * Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> [030111 16:34]:
> > On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 06:03:06PM -0600, Georg Lehner wrote:
> > > Just out of curiosity: what is the reason for not maintain the
> > > cross-install scripts alive?
> >
> > They are only ever updated when (usually by me) a new tar ball is made.
> >
> > The same job is done by debootstrap for Debian GNU/Linux.  So debootstrap
> > should be ported.  Maybe you want to do that?
>
> What about the new installer?  I've created a page with information.
>
>         http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Distrib/NewDebianInstaller

The new installer is the old installer, and debootstrap is an integral part
of it.

(Or, in other words, as there is no old installer for Debian GNU/Hurd, the new
installer has always been the target of porting efforts).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/