Re: Xfree86 4.2

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:55:59PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:21:00PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:06:44PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > > - anyone knows what kind of hack does the 4.1 in alpha have?
> >
> > I don't remember, but it can't have been anything serious.  Just a small
> > glitch in the packaging or so.
> >
> > Building X is a pain in the ass, but it doesn't require any magic handwave.
>
> I think it'd be nice if alpha packages came with a small diff including
> the employed hack ;)

Yeah.  Which makes me remember what it was.  There was a problem with a
program wanting to use a C++ libraries in a C program or such.  I didn't
knew if that was a gcc issue (we used 3.x earlier than other Debian ports),
or a genuine X bug, but I found it also being reported for another
architecture on the X mailing list, so I just stopped bothering about it and
disabled that extension.

Just build it.  If the bug is still there, you will find out :)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/