Re: Debian GNU/Hurd on the net?

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 08:54:50AM +0700, Budi Rahardjo wrote:
> At the risk of being silly, I put our GNU/Hurd box on the Internet.
>    http://hurd.indocisc.com
>
> Please don't hurd it. :)

I hope you have it cut off from the rest of your LAN, physically or at least
through a restrictive firewall.  Don't keep precious data on that machine,
and reinstall before using it for other than demonstrating purposes.

> I was thinking of creating a guest account for people to look around
> and get a feel of a live GNU/Hurd machine.

As the login program is really a shell, you don't necessarily need an
account for guests :

> Is there a GNU/Hurd users counter on the net.

No, not that.  Interested in scripting and hosting one?

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/