Re: tcpdump - live packet capture not supported

> tcpdump needs live packet capture, and whatever that is, we don't have it.

Yes, Marcus, I realized it from the error message.
But my question is:

- > tcpdump: live packet capture not supported on this system
  what does this term "live packet capture" mean?
  (any reference / pointer to a web site would be nice)

- why we (Hurd) doesn't have it and other OS have?

- or ... what makes Hurd different?
  Is it because we use translator?

- can't we get the data (packet) from the translator?
  (eg. something like `tee'-ing from the translator)

PS: this email was composed and sent from a GNU/Hurd machine.
MTA is using a simple perl-script which talks to a SMTP server :-)
I am still trying to configure sendmail to do this (It masq.
the address with an old hostname that I set during an initial
hurd configuration. I don't know where there information is
stored in the filesystem. Modifying sendmail.cf doesn't work.
Will work on this.)

-- budi