Re: K1 images.

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 03:28:15PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> The final adjustments are now under way.
>
> parted is not much use (parted_1.6.3-3_hurd-i386.deb).  It segfaults,
> dumps core, and corupts the file-system.
>
> man is not working, it needs libdb-4.0.so.  Seeing that a GNU version of
> libdb4 is not available there is not much that can be done.  info is OK.

There's a working patch for db4.0 in bug #160129 (anyone can NMU?)

> Would people please look at these and suggest modifications.
>
> initial.sh
> at logrotate console-data info mailx exim
> bsdmainutils console-common ncurses-term doc-linux-text lynx anacron
> screen sudo inetutils dialog grub-doc libglib1.2-dbg man-db manpages

are you sure doc-linux-text is not only useful for GNU/Linux?

> developer.sh
> gcc cpp mig make make-doc pmake m4
> autotools-dev libtool bash bash-doc cvs gdb diff patch g++

I suggest that you use build-essential, which depends on:

libc6-dev | libc-dev, gcc, g++, make, dpkg-dev (>= 1.4.1.19)

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

		Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)