Re: [despammed] Re: Hurd freezed on boot

> Sounds like you didn't follow Neal's guide, please follow it exactly.

The installation guide (as I read it) says to run native install from
hurd, not from linux (see below). I can't boot hurd. Is there something I
should run from linux? My archive searching seems to suggent that
cross-install used to be run from linux, but this is no longer used.

Am I reading something wrong? I tried to follow the installation guide
step by step, except that I went straight to the grub menu.lst instead of
using the command line.

I'm now looking at the wiki version because that seems more up to date.
The only new thing in there is the --readonly flag in grub. I haven't
tried that yet.

=== From the  http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/InstallNotes: ===

Once a prompt comes up, and any time that the the Hurd is in single user
mode, it is necessary to set the terminal type:

# export TERM=mach

(Repeat this each time you boot in single user mode)

Be warned that CONTROL-C and family will not work in single user mode.

We can now run the native-install script. This will configure the
packages and set up several important translators:

# ./native-install
== END http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/InstallNotes: ===

--
http://fastmail.fm - Send your email first class