RE: Could not boot for first time

Maybe the partititon is greater than 1GB?

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Jaap Karssenberg [mailto:j.g.karssenberg@student.utwente.nl]
Enviado el: viernes, 29 de noviembre de 2002 13:43
Para: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Asunto: Re: Could not boot for first time

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:45:56 +0000 (GMT)
Shyam Kumar Mangayil <linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> This is step-wise what I did
>  - downloaded the hurd base system.
>  - I have a ext3 partition that I think I can do away with .
>    mke2fs -o hurd /dev/hda11
>  IIRC this hda11 appears in the partition table as :
>  logical ext2 hda11

Try mke2fs whith the -b 4096 option.
Might not be related but will only do good.

> <...>
>   Then press e for typing in export= ....
>
>   At that point the kernel panics ..

pressing any key while booting the kernel will cause a panic.
This is known and documented. Of course when there is nothing
happening for 10 minutes something is wrong anyway.

You might want to check http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/install.html

--
from: Jaap Karssenberg || Pardus [Larus]
mailto:j.g.karssenberg@student.utwente.nl