Re: Hurd doubts

Hi,

You might have missed something.  Your
e-mail isn't to
clear on what you tried.  For us to help you
you need to
give more details.  I have a AMD chip on a
motherboard with
a VIA chipset running GNU/Hurd.

You might want to check out some
documentation on
http://hurd.gnu.org. I believe  there is a
FAQ, Hardware
compatibility guide, and other assorted goodies.

Thanks

Matt Grant
homepage: http://seinfeld.arrowstreet.com
The GNU/Hurd webserver that could:
http://hurd.dyndns.org
"Just cuz you got the power, that don't mean
you have the right."-MotorHead from (No
Sleep at All)

---- On Wed, 20 Nov 2002,
=?iso-8859-1?q?Shyam=20Kumar=20Mangayil?=
(linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:

> I use a AMD-Duron 755 MHz processor on a
VIA chipset
> motherboard.
> First question : can I have Hurd , as you
get it from
> the site ,
> running on your box ?
>
> I tried , and as part of the process
installed GRUB.

> then I tried booting into single user mode.
> I waited for some time and did not get any
prompt.

> I pressed a key down to start keying in a
command ,
> and the system started to hang (panic) ,
IIRC , it