Re: mkfs and fsck in /sbin

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:57:31PM -0500, Richard Kreuter wrote:

>   Also, unfortunately, at the moment, the body of FHS requires mkfs,
> fsck, et al. in /sbin, if these files exist on a system (section
> 3.14.2), so Debian GNU/Hurd may need to provide these files here.

And the second paragraph of 3.10 says:

"If a normal [..] user will ever run it directly, then it should be placed
in one of the "bin" directories."

So the FHS is basicaly contradicting itself. I call that a bug :)

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992