Re: Hurd Newsbee: Cant Boot After Installation

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Oystein Viggen wrote:

> * [Tomáš Kašpárek]
>
> > i'm trying to install HURD too and I could not find any way how to get
> > it up and running. Where should I search for up-to-date installation
> > manual and tarballs/images/.deps
>
> - Go to <URL: http://hurd.gnu.org >
> - Select "Installation" from the left hand side menu.
> - Find the link to "The GNU/Hurd installation guide".
>
> You'll also find a lot of useful information hiding behind the link
> labeled "Documentation".  :)

I have tried it, I have tried these guides too:

http://www.pick.ucam.org/~mcv21/hurd.html
http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/hurd.html

With the cross-installation (... ~/mcv21/hurd.html) I got some running HURD but
it was unstable (hangs after ~ 5 - 20 sec) and I was not able to do proper
configuration (lots of errors during native-install and .deb package
configuration).

I just would like to know which guide and mainly download source is most
up-to-date and useable for me.

Thanks.

--

	Tomas Kasparek (sioux), PhD student FIT VUT Brno
 	  tomas.kasparek@[seznam.cz,volny.cz]