Re: Hurd Newsbee: Cant Boot After Installation

On 4 Nov 2002, Neal H. Walfield wrote:

> > root(hd0,0)   ; /dev/hda1 in Linux-speak, /dev/hd0s1 in HURD-Speak
> > kernel /boot/gnumach.gz root=/dev/hd0s0
> > module /boot/serverboot.gz
> > boot
> >
> > This is all detailed in the cookbook file (which seems out of date) -
> > mix those instructions with instructions given by the
> > ./native-install.sh script.
>
> What cookbook file are you referring to?  Your example certainly is
> out of date: serverboot has not been supported for over a year.

Hmm, hi all

i'm trying to install HURD too and I could not find any way how to get it up and
running. Where should I search for up-to-date installation manual and
tarballs/images/.deps

Thanks

--

	Tomas Kasparek (sioux), PhD student FIT VUT Brno
 	  tomas.kasparek@[seznam.cz,volny.cz]