Re: a small C program to test xdm's /dev/mem reading on your architecture

matthew green wrote:
> bad ideas often hang around for a long time.  the only surprising
> thing to me is how long this one has taken to surface...

Perhaps Branden is gathering information about what a bad idea this
really is, to show upstream the error of their ways. I can't believe he
actually intends to keep it like this..

FWIW, the program doesn't crash my old 486, which is a bit suprising, I
know that this kind of thing is capable of crashing ISA systems.

--
see shy jo