Re: a small C program to test xdm's /dev/mem reading on your architecture

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 05:04:26PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> > > why don't you use /dev/urandom if it exists, as it does on pretty
> > > much all modern UNIX platforms?
> >
> > I see you haven't read the thread.
>

> actually, i hadn't, but there wasn't very much there besides the
> fact that people found it was xdm reading /dev/mem and a small
> patch for debian to enable /dev/random (i'd suggest /dev/urandom).

If any of these it should be /dev/random. /dev/urandom would stall most of
the time on headless systems, which is the only place where I (and very
likely a lot of other people too) run xdm in the first place.

Regards,

Filip

--
<netgod> shorty: its not exactly intuitive, since women dont follow boolean
         logic