Re: permissions. ACLs? groups?

[Lionel Elie Mamane campaigns against deny-ACEs,
 arguing that using them is dumb]

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 03:05:20PM -0500, Tom Hart responds:
> Ok, continuing with your example: I'm a plotter. The sysadmin gives all
> employees and board members access to set permissions on their own
> files, but not to create new groups.

Why is the user forbidden from creating new groups?

PS: since the topic has drifted as it has, maybe we should move/copy
    discussion to bug-hurd@gnu.org, or one of the other lists?

--
"Trying to be happy is like trying to build a machine for which the only
 specification is that it should run noiselessly."