Re: ACLs {Was: About the login shell}

commence  Jeff Bailey quotation:

> The Netware trustee system was amazing, I wish for it almost every
> day that I sysadmin.  There's a project on sourceforge to implement
> it (google for 'trustee').  It's sad that because it's not Posix,
> few people will ever implement it, though.

I seem to remember playing with an implementation of it (maybe the
same implementation to which you refer) for the Linux kernel some time
back.  It was awkward to use: you have to write a text file containing
your trustee specifications and then load them into the kernel with a
utility.  But it worked.

--
[|] Sean Neakums            |  Questions are a burden to others;