Re: About the login shell

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 05:36:47AM +0200, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:

> It is so obvious that one does not want this on a "secured" system that
> one certainly won't forget to change it.  Therefore, if you really want
> to improve security, you should maybe look somewhere else.  According to
> the BTS (#46709), every program on GNU/Hurd can currenty access I/O
> ports directly.  Before this is fixed, this system is insecure anyway.

Does that mean i can code a hardware driver in userspace without
having the kernel concerned about it? you could have told me about this
nice "feature" last day ;)

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992