Re: About the login shell

Tom> However, wouldn't it still be necessary to patch programs written
Tom> for the traditional UN*X model so that they could see the ACL's,
Tom> and respect the more fine-grained control when present?

FWIW, there are already Linux patches out there, that allow the kernel
to use ACL's (grsecurity), and MAC (SELinux), and I haven't heard
anything about broken programs.  I'd imagine the only programs that
would need to change are the ones that would need to fiddle with the
security bits directly (chmod, etc.).

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA