Re: Hurd login box...

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 02:05:35PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello!

> I have just upgraded me server to dual PPro so
> my old one, a 486 is sitting in storage. :)
>
> Anyway, I just looked at
>
> http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi
>
> and there seems to be no Debian/hurd boxes for

that'd be Debian GNU/Hurd

> developers. Would be an advantage to have
> something like a 486 hurd box for developers?

very nice! do you intend it for general access or
debian developer only?

> The specs on the box are:
>
> 486DX2 66 [overclocked to 80]
> 20MB RAM

uhm.. you'll need a lot of swap, i suggest 1GB to be safe. :)

> I know, it's not much. But somewhat comparable
> to the m68k machine :) [ignoring the ram part].

should be quite enough (for porting small packages at least)

thanks for the effort!

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992