Building linux gcc tarball for Hurd H4

Sir,
I have a very slow net connection and i was able to bug a friend to get me the 1st iso image of HURD H4. It is working, and looks very cool; but i see that gcc, include files in /include etc are not there! I had wished to do some basic coding (to learn) on Hurd. I do have the source tarballs for gcc-2.95 (which i used to build a Linux from Scratch distro) (www.linuxfromscratch.org).

1) Could i build gcc (from my Debian Potato R5) using these tarballs for the Hurd? I have a similar doubt about glibc?

2) I also have XFree86 4.2 source tarballs.Which seems to have a hurd.cf config file. Does that mean that it can be build for Hurd?

3) Are the modifications to make gnu packages work for Hurd, in the SAME package as the ones used for building a GNU / Linux system, or do i need to download SEPERATE packages?

Please help if possible...
If my doubts seem stupid, i apologize, because it is due to my ignorance.

James Joseph
Give your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!
Know more. http://www.rediffmailpro.com/signup/