Re: mach is dead...isn't it?

--- "B. Douglas Hilton" <bdhilton@charter.net> wrote:
> No way! Mach still hasn't even hit its stride. It is designed
> for massive multiprocessing scalability across thousands and
> millions of nodes. Unfortunately Hurd hasn't advanced enough
> yet for it to really go online. Theoretically Hurder's could
> link their machines into one humongous supercomputer via the
> internet.

 Our implementation of mach has hit it's stride.  We don't the resources to
machine collectives of Hurd machines.  If some university distributed lab
what's
to take this up, great, but for now we are sitting with a relatively stable set
of
Hurd servers that run on uniprocessor machines.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU