Re: mach is dead...isn't it?

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 12:14:15AM +0300, Catalin wrote:
> From what I see it is planned to stop developing the mach mircokernel
> and use L4 instead.
> Why are you still asting your time with mach???

If we always ever only work on the next best thing we will never have
a system that you can actually run.  BTW, a lot of the work we put into
the current system directly benefits other future systems, too.  For
example, the console I am writing for GNU Mach 2 right now will also be
needed in a Hurd system running on L4.