Re: CD install instructions

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 12:09:14AM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:

> Simon> 	Aye!  It looks like random.tar.gz has fallen off the net.
> Simon> Aha!  I have found a copy lying about on my Hurd box.  I shall
> Simon> post my copy to
>
> Simon> http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~sfllaw/programs/gnu/
>
> I looked there, and currently I am getting a "Not Found: the requested
> URL was not found on this server" from Mozilla and Lynx.

	That is odd, for I see my webpage here in front of me.  Let me
netcat in to see if it exists.

	Looks like it's there.  Try appending index.html or something to
see if you get any joy.

> Simon> 	The easiest way to install the random translator is to
> Simon> download the Hurd CVS tree and copy the translator inside.
> Simon> Then, do a build.
>
> I've got the Hurd CVS checked out.  Can you tell me where, precisely,
> to put the random.tar.gz unpacked tree, and what commands to use to
> build it.

	You should put it in the root of the CVS for Hurd.  From there,
you can run `debbuild` to get your Debian packages.  You can find
debuild and other Debian friends in such packages as devscripts.

	You most likely want to run `apt-get build-dep hurd` before you
try building so that you can get all your Build-Depends.

Simon