Re: apt-get install emacs21 hangs machine

> On 31 Jul 2002, Russell Senior wrote:
>

> > I am new to playing with Hurd, so please forgive my stupidities.  I
> > recently installed the hurd-H4-CD1.iso on a PII-400 box with 64 meg of
> > RAM.  When I try to 'apt-get install emacs21' things start out okay
> > but then when installing .el files the box freezes.  I apologize, I am
> > off-site now and don't have the precise message in front of me.  Is
> > this a known problem?  Suggestions?  Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.

 I don't believe the box is quite frozen, but there is a problem with the
package that is currently in the debian archive for emacs21 on GNU/Hurd.  A
fixed package was on alpha, but I think that got lost, hopefully emacs21 will
get autobuilt soon.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU