Re: Re: Re: Which packages should I use?

--- Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:48:14PM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
> >
> > --- Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> wrote:
> > > On the other hand, some of the examples like GNU, GNU/Linux
> > > or Solaris are capable of doing some productive by themselves
> > > (where a productive task can be anything the user considers
> > > productive). Of course you can run a JVM, perl or Bash,
> > > but that doesn't mean Bash is an operating system because
> > > it will always need a lower layer to stay on.
> > >

> >  A javaOS has been done.  Oskit + Kaffe = JavaOS.  So you don't always need
> > a lower layer.
>
> Does javaOS have a shell? If it's just Oskit + Kaffe it needs another
> component to be operative.
>
> --
> Robert Millan

 Honestly, I don't care if it has a shell or doesn't.  But the point was that
the shell could be written in java.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU