Re: nfs problem

--- Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, James Morrison wrote:
> >  As mentioned, it can work, but I think there may be a combination of you,
> bug
> > and something to be implemented that causes this problem.  Could you
> perhaps
> > tell us what set ups you have tried?
> Warning, this is the first time I have networked any machines.  I am using
> a cross-over cable.
> Both machines ping each other and themselves nicely.
> Hurd box,, margaret
> Linux box, stepehen
> mount -t nfs /b5  mounted the linux box /b5 directory on
> the Hurd box's /b5
> settrans -cgap /b5 /hurd/nfs worked as well (typed from
> memory)
> "stephen" substituted for also worked.
> I upgraded the Hurd box using this.
> However, mount -t nfs /b5 failed.
> Attempting to mount /hurd on the Hurd box on /b5 on the Hurd box.
> settrans -cgap /hurd /hurd/nfs also failed.
> Mounting the Hurd box's / failed from the Linux box.
> The Hurd box's exports
> # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems that may be exported
> #		to NFS clients.
> /hurd,insecure),insecure)
> /,insecure)
> /man,insecure)
> Phil.

 Well, I just tried the nfsd again and it works for me.
jim@lazarus:~/cvs/oskit/oskit-20020317/linux/dev$ cat /etc/exports

root@lazarus:~# /sbin/nfsd

squirrel:/home/jim/var/build/GNUnet-0.4.2# mount /mnt
squirrel:/home/jim/var/build/GNUnet-0.4.2# ls -l /mnt
total 12
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     staff        4096 Apr 29 20:21 compile
drwxr-xr-x    3 cheryl   cheryl       4096 Feb 24 20:32 jep
drwxr-xr-x   27 jim      jim          4096 Jun 19 02:49 jim
squirrel:/home/jim/var/build/GNUnet-0.4.2# umount /mnt

lazarus is my GNU/Hurd box, squirrel is my GNU/Linux box.

James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU

Do You Yahoo!?