Re: nfs problem

--- Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 05:28:22PM +0300, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> > There is a nfsd translator that "is not well tested".
>
> nfsd is not a translator, it's a "normal" nfs daemon process (which is
> supposed to support Hurd extensions, if it doesn't already ;)

 I don't know enough about nfs, but when I had an nfs server running off of
my hurd box to my GNU/Linux box, couldn't get my multiple firmlink translator
to work.  It would take the first run of the firmlink and not access the
translator for every access.  I think I'll go to bed and show an example
another time.

> > See the NEWS file
> > in the Hurd source.  I cannot see it in the `hurd' package although it is
> > compiled by default.
>
> It's in sbin.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus
>
> --
> `Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org brinkmd@debian.org
> Marcus Brinkmann              GNU    http://www.gnu.org    marcus@gnu.org
> Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
> http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de
>

> --

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU