Re: newbie problem

> > >  What kind of hardware do you have?
> >
> > Athlon 700 processor
>
>  This doesn't surprise me.  I don't know what goes on with some amd chips
> but I have heard of them not working with some programs.  I can't seem to
> find any reference to this problem.  If you have another machine, a pentium
> perhaps, try it on there and see if it works.

It's a pity -- my server is a pentium, but well .. a server should be busy
being there. Some GNU/linux programs do compile specificly for athlon but i
never had any real problem there, shouldn't one expect that this would rise
boot time problems and not half-way the install proces ? Futhermore the point
of hanging seems a little arbitrarily.

--
fortune says:
Maternity pay?	Now every Tom, Dick and Harry will get pregnant.