keymaps and other stuff

First of all, congratulations to you all... I find the idea of a pure GNU OS
inspiring.

I have a notebook with a modified keyboard, because I use dvorak. I have found
a "map.dvorak" file for the set_key utility, but it wont work because I dont
have a binary that will run on the current base system (the one provided in
marcuses page was compiled with a different ld.so or something.) Since I have
not been able to configure the network yet (I will ask about that in another
post), I cant download gcc so I can't compile set_key.
I am writing at 1 key/minute (its one of those first generation slim notebooks,
with no external keyboad plug), and so this is my #1 priority to fix so I can
finally start playing around with this dream called HURD...

Also, linux mounts my root partition fine, but HURD seems to think it has
not mounted it properly (even though it seems to have mounted it just fine).
I will install again on a different partition, maybe there is a bad sector.

Now that I am at it, I have a 3com 3c589 pcmcia network card. I know pcmcia
support still uses diapers, but, the hurd seems to detect my card somehow.
Yet when I settrans -fgap /servers/socket/2  /hurd/pfinet -i eth0 and so on,
it fails (something about no device found). Also, I would like to see the
boot message, where can I find it? (no dmesg?).

I'll keep playing around, thank you, and I hope I can be somewhat useful...

Sebastian Silva