Re: termios and glibc versions

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 02:31:27AM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 07:50:37PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > > I don't know what you think that patch is good for.
> > > It has no effect on the termios support in the Hurd.
> >
> > It will let termios in the Hurd be POSIX 1003.1 compliant
> > and also SUS compliant v2 and v3 (i don't have v1).
>
> What makes you think that?

Emm, nothing. What a shame, three really big mistakes, and in public :)

1. The patch is incomplete. Lacks some defines.
2. The patch, if any, should have been against <bits/termios.h>
3. TABLDY and friends are a XSI extension (at least in
   SUSv3 == POSIX 1003.1-2001). In SUSv2 i can't find any
   reference to extensions (maybe they are in the purchased CD ?), and
   assumed they were fundamental part of the Std.

I was misguided by the find/grep power :P, and didn't see the XSI mark.
I should RTFM more carefully next time, specially if it is a Std.

I have run the hdrchk from the Open Group and i'am wondering if the Hurd is
going to support X/Open Extensions, like XSI or the extensions from ISO C.

thanks (for your maieutic method ;)
guillem