Re: Missing depends

Grant Bowman <grantbow@grantbow.com> writes:

> * Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> [020609 14:10]:
>> You are correct about posting it here.  Missing build deps on shared
>> libraries are failures in the way we build packages.   Actually it is a bug
>> in dpkg-dev, which is worked on.  But we have work arounds everyone who
>> builds packages needs to use.
>
> I have another question for Marcus and/or Jeff.  Where can I find out
> more about these work-arounds?

Piggy-backing  on that question:  Does  this mean that packages  which
have dependencies under linux, which would keep a package from release
(because it  in turn is either broken  or has other dependencies) will
be releasable when it builds properly  on/for the Hurd, and will those
packages have their dependencies modified?

--
Hope springs eternal!

/^\
\ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN