Re: apache and netcraft

* [Robert Millan]

> Netcraft titles the section as "Operating System and Web Server for foo",
> asking them to output "the Hurd" implies that this is the correct name
> for a Hurd-based GNU OS. IMHO, this would generate confusion onto a lot
> of new people that don't know the details.

IMO, from the TCP fingerprinting point of view, the interesting part is
the one that talks to the network.  In GNU/Linux that part is Linux, and
in GNU/Hurd that part is the Hurd (or more precisely pfinet).

I don't think TCP fingerprinting can know if you are running a Hurd
based GNU OS, only that you are running a Hurd based OS.  Further
assumptions should be left as an excercise to the reader.

And, yes, this will obviously cause confusion.  :)

Oystein
--
PHP: the wu-ftpd of www.