Re: Missing depends

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 06:29:12PM +0200, PUYDT Julien wrote:
> Salut,
>
> I have had dependancy problems with the following packages:
> * wmaker: the package should depend on hermes1 and libungif4g; I
> submitted as a bug to the bts, and the maintainer answered it was
> certainly a hurd build problem;
> * ssh: should depend on libpam-modules;
>
> I don't know exactly where to report this type of problems (since
> apparently the bts isn't well suited), please tell me if I erred
> posting here (but no flames).

You are correct about posting it here.  Missing build deps on shared
libraries are failures in the way we build packages.   Actually it is a bug
in dpkg-dev, which is worked on.  But we have work arounds everyone who
builds packages needs to use.

So the question is, did the person who built and uploaded the above packages
have the work arounds?  If not, it was his fault.  If yes, there might be
another bug.

For example, if we talk about the ssh on alpha, it is probably my fault.

I don't know about wmaker, might have been done by me or Jeff, or someone
else.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de