Re: Booting the Hurd ?

--- Yann Forget <yann@codalis.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Following the flame war on debian-devel about the Hurd,
> I installed it to get an opinion by myself, as I don't have prior
> experience about micro-kernels.
>
>  So, I managed to install it alright, ... but I can't boot it !!!

<snip: useless flame about how you know something>

 If you do know something, perhaps you could give us some idea of what you
did when you tried to boot the Hurd.  A quick read of Neal's installation
guide may help you.  Also if you read the mailing lists you will find a lot
of useful information.

>  Cheers,
> Yann

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU