Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 03:48:02AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 03:13:59AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Have you thought about writing a translator for /dev itself, rather than
> > using a script to populate a directory? devfs the Hurd way.
>
> (Which is to say: on acid)

Acid is harmful, the Hurd isn't. Weed or another soft drug isn't
really harmful. I think it's you should just say "on drugs" because
Linus says that too and you're consistent then.

I'm happy with MAP_COPY as my system doesn't crash when I try to
overwrite libc. And I didn't even had to use drugs for that. (See
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0110.0/0826.html if you
want to know where I am talking about)

Jeroen Dekkers
--