Re: Removing constipation - Back to Basics >Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 03:07:53AM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> I think it's too philosophical for Debian; most of them are part of
> the open source movement and want to avoid talking about freedom,
> philosophy and ideology. It's for this reasons, and other reasons,
> that I'm going out of Debian and help GNU.

Jeroen, why do you spend as much time on antagonizing your audience
as on convincing it?  It's not very helpful.

(The irony is that you then turn around and blame your failure to
communicate on your audience.  Please stop for a moment and wonder
*why* you keep getting the same negative reactions.)

You keep saying that you're going to leave Debian.  I think it's
high time that you do so.  Every mail you still spend on this thread
will just do more damage to your cause.  I'm glad that some of
the other hurd developers have started to speak up and say that
you do *not* speak for them.  I was getting worried.

Richard Braakman