Re: where do NEW packages go?

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 02:11:33AM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > The Debian GNU/Hurd people are waiting weeks for dpkg and libc0.3 to
> > go into the archive. Somehow the ftp-masters think they know more
> > about the Hurd than the Debian GNU/Hurd people and think that they
> > should make the decision whether the new ABI is okay.
>
> How exactly did you come to that conclusion? From what I gather, you're
> merely waiting for it to be allowed in. It is _far_ more likely that this is
> because no ftpmaster has gotten around to editing the override file or some
> such, not because they want to screw up your work or anything like that.

Why should it take ages for an ftpmaster to get around to it?

And more to the point, when nobody has gotten around to it, where can
one find out why?

There have been cases discussed where ftpmaster didn't "get around to
it" because of an *objection* to the package's inclusion in its
current form, but in which he didn't bother to tell the maintainer
that.

The habit of utter silence from ftpmaster has come up multiple times,
and is very harmful.