Re: Installation report

* Marcus Brinkmann <marcus@gnu.org> [020428 06:03]:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:36:33AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > Would the dummy libc6-dev need to be rebuilt so it depends on libc0.3-dev?
>
> Good idea.  Currently, it depends on nothing.

I'm now running a version of GNUmach that I compiled!  Unfortunately for
me it still doesn't detect the pci ne2000 card I have.  Looking in the
archives I guess these cards have a history of problems.  There's got to
be some relatively simple way to force it to detect my card, isn't
there?  Come on, please at least give me more of a hint.

One of the main advantages of a microkernel design is that it shouldn't
be compiled in!  It's very frustrating to me.

I guess I'll try to hard code it into the driver as suggested in a past
email.  I've looked throught the code, but I don't understand it yet.

OK without my ne2000 & after a few long hours of the this loop...

        cd /var/cache/apt/archive/
        dpkg -i blah-x (damn, unmet dependency, reboot to network & linux)
        ftp ftp.debian.org
        get blah-y (reboot to GNUmach)
        (repeat)

I finally have almost all dependencies satisfied!!!!  Thanks for the new
db2 packages.

The one exception is the libstdc++3-dev needing libc6-dev (dummy
package).  I look forward to getting it.  If the cross-apt/dpkg
configuration is happy at least I can use apt-get instead of manual ftp!
That will make life much easier.

Oystein, thanks for your vim 5.6 packages.  For some reason the
vim.postinst script is erroring out.  The script returns a 1 instead of
0.  I haven't looked into it deeply yet other than to fake it so the
dependency is satisfied and it thinks it ran successfully.  I'll let you
know more after I look at it more closely.

Cheers,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>