For vim addicts

Hi

As noted by Michael Krueger and others, there is currently no vim
package for the hurd in the debian tree.  The current vim package
depends on ruby, which has compilation problems on the Hurd (MAXPATHLEN
and something called NOFILE in io.c).

Now, I don't care much for ruby, and I don't need the features of vim 6,
so I built vim 5.6 from potato instead.  Packages are available at

I have successfully edited a .c file using syntax coloring with the
vim-python and vim-rt packages installed.  No further testing has been
done.

Oystein
--
This message was brought to you by a score of whimsical vim users.