Re: Installation report

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > This is not in today's pulse.  It is in the tarball so a dummy package
> > should fix dependencies if this is required.  Every variant of dpkg is
> > there, but not dpkg itself.
>
> dpkg needs manual attention by the ftp admins, because it contains a
> BYHAND component, so the whole package is delayed.
>
> > I have taken a look at the tarball and I will will unpack it and modify
> > native-install so it is suitable for a CD installation.  Anything for a
> > quiet life ;)
>
> Glad to be of help.

The dummy dpkg package made a big difference.  I am assuming that the
version in the tarball will behave itself.

				H3		J0	J0 with dpkg
hurd-i386.deb's excluded	???		282	187
total packages excluded		738		1239	991

log.list2cds which records the dependency checking is a brute to analyse,
but I did notice that menu was missing.  This had a cascade effect.
menu-> twm -> x-window-system excluded.  But a lot of X is included and menu
could be one of the lesser problems.

The Hurd boot-floppies now have the new baseHurd incorporated and I have a
file-tree ready to burn onto CDs tomorrow.

A Hurd Hackers only CD set may not be far away.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz