Re: Installation report

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 01:58:39PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > You've got your priorities right, mmh? :)  In fact, you forgot things like
> > dpkg in your list, but it is also uploaded.
>
> This is not in today's pulse.  It is in the tarball so a dummy package
> should fix dependencies if this is required.  Every variant of dpkg is
> there, but not dpkg itself.

dpkg needs manual attention by the ftp admins, because it contains a
BYHAND component, so the whole package is delayed.

> > You might be interested in the cross-install and native-install files on
> > alpha.gnu.org in gnu/hurd/debian-staging.
> >
> I have taken a look at the tarball and I will will unpack it and modify
> native-install so it is suitable for a CD installation.  Anything for a
> quiet life ;)

Glad to be of help.

I am currently working through build depends of dejagnu (which is a
build dependency of gdb, a non-critical one, but I want to do it
proper).  This is a lot of work, and includes gimp! (indirectly).
Anyway, gnome-libs are uploaded, for example, which is a big enabler.