Re: (forw) Re: Two questions about the build process

* Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> [020427 14:57]:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 12:57:21PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> We don't currently explain how to help us very well.  Perhaps you can
> guide us on this.  I'd like to get some pages up that cover how to
> help the Hurd porting effort.  I don't know how to get this
> information so that people uploading packages choose to read it.  Part
> of me wonders if the porting section of the Policy should refer to a
> general porting document.  I'm not thinking even just for us, but
> generically things like understand the issues around 32->64 bit
> pointer conversions, and issues the BSD folks will have too.
>
> Does this fit with what you're thinking?

Yes, sounds very good to me.  I think the debian-mentors mail list would
be an excellent place to discuss this.  I'm already subscribed.

Honestly, I don't know the right way to proceed and I feel unqualified
to guess.

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>