Re: (forw) Re: Two questions about the build process

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 12:57:21PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:

> Someone might want to follow up on this recent discussion to give
> the debain-mentors folks a little more direction about the hurd.
> Yes, there's the transition, but after that, I would hope that
> developers have a web page or something to look for current status
> and instructions on how to help out.  Maybe there are already
> resouces available in the Debian porting infrasturcture, but I'm not
> aware of the them.

We don't currently explain how to help us very well.  Perhaps you can
guide us on this.  I'd like to get some pages up that cover how to
help the Hurd porting effort.  I don't know how to get this
information so that people uploading packages choose to read it.  Part
of me wonders if the porting section of the Policy should refer to a
general porting document.  I'm not thinking even just for us, but
generically things like understand the issues around 32->64 bit
pointer conversions, and issues the BSD folks will have too.

Does this fit with what you're thinking?

Tks,
Jeff BAiley

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.