Re: instalation

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:39:21PM -0400, Scott Henson wrote:
> With all the recent activity within the archives I was wondering when I
> could install the hurd and begin helping in development.  And is there
> anything that I could possibly do in the mean time?

You can use the tar file from
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/uhrd/debian-staging/gnu-libio-*.tar.gz

(I forgot the exact filename).

And folow the normal install procedure.  Note that with the new boot
method, the /etc/fstab might be generated wrongly, but except for that
it should work just fine.

The apt entries to use right now are:
deb ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian-libio unstable main
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main

But that will change (the -libiowill be dropped at some time).

That's all, and of course stay tuned for any announcements here.