Re: Phase I of transition accomplished

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:15:56AM +0300, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> >PHASE III will be very important, and includes moving to gcc 3.1, and
> >getting libc0.3 into the archive.
>
> Why gcc-3.1 is phase III in our transition to libio?  And it's not
> released yet, isnt't it?

Because there will be an ABI change in the C++ stc++ library.  So, you can
assume that all C++ packages upload so far are not the ones we really want
to be there, we will break their binary compatibility soon, probably without
transition.  Although, because i386 faces the same problem, we might have a
smooth transition here anyway).

And it is in phase three because it will be released post woody.

Of course, if something happens and 3.1 can't be released another month, we
will reconsider.  But from the looks of it it seems it coincedes nicely.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de